Sunday, October 9, 2016

Pitot plubing lines guide - 3.5 hours

I began fabricating the guide that routes the pitot plumbing under the bellcrank. Similar to many who have used this method before me, I followed suit. I had used 0.025" material and bent a braket 90 degrees. Next I needed to properly locate the bolt holes from the spar to the bracket. A littel head scratching and I then tried a paper template. Pushing the bolts through the holes marched the perfect holes and then I could easily transfer them onto my bracket.


After drilling...The fit was perfect!

Turns out that I placed the holes too close to the bend....So I had to make another angle and start again....this time giving much more space to account for the bellcrank bracket. Then, a bit more work, a cut here and cut there....bit of checking, but of file work....bang! Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment