Sunday, October 9, 2016

Cutting the wing skin and forming more brackets - 3 hours

Now all that needs to be done to finish the pitot mast rough-in is to cut the hole in the wing skin.
I used the handy aluminum template I had made yesterday and clecod it to the wing skin. I traced the outline of the pitot mast hole onto the skin, found the centerlines and made the initial holes with the unibit. I used the round files to work away at removing the excess material.

Once I was close to the line with the files, I broke out the dremel with sanding drums and went to work. Slowly but surely I made progress.
In the end, I am extremely pleased with the fit.



 
Now that the mast is done. I need to fabricate the bracket to hold/support the pitot and AOA lines around the bell crank.

No comments:

Post a Comment