Sunday, January 31, 2016

Stall Warning Hatch - 2.5 hours

I started in on sorting out the Stall Warning hatch. I little bit of thought goes into as the kit is designed to be an add on to an existing plane, but there a few steps that you can skip as they are not applicable. The supplied template is just scrap because the left leading edge is prepunched with the correct hole locations.



Not much to report for the hatch. The holes did not need match drilling (I made sure for each hole anyway) so I buffed the holes, deburred slightly, and dimples for the screws. I then went to work on countersinking the holes for the rivets that hold the platenuts. These are done by hand with the deburring tool and take some time to fool around with and get right. I DO NOT want to countersink too far. I opted to use the NAS Opps rivets for these rather than dimple them.


I did a trial fit of the hatch cover over the area, and I must say that there is quite a gap all around. Not sure that I am too keen on the fit. Maybe I need to make a new custom hatch??















No comments:

Post a Comment