Sunday, August 1, 2021

Painting Day! - 4 hours

 Well the day has finally arrived. I am ready to start painting the interior of the aircraft. For now I will just start painting the pieces first.

I need to give the parts a light coat of epoxy primer (to cover all of the exposed rivets, hardware, etc). Everything got a wipe down with acetone, then a spray with epoxy primer.


After a number of hours, I started to spray parts with a 2K single stage paint. Looks so good.


  Color by the way is a solid medium gray. Not too light, but not too dark (After reading forums and comments…Lots shy away from too dark a paint to keep the interior of plane cool). I jokingly call the color “Filing Cabinet Gray”. I still like it. Think it will look good with dark/black seats, accents and panel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment