Saturday, March 13, 2021

Setting the position of the flap actuator angle - 2 hours

 Now that the mid-position of the flap actuator is set, I installed the entire flap assembly to get everything in the right place. I can find the correct angle of the assembly and drill the rivet holes in F-766B angle.

 This ends up being a tricky operation as there is a tad bit of play in the assembly. So I marked the potential rivet holes in the extremes of play in the angle. you will notice that the bottom most hole is consistent in the movement. That will be the baseline to work from. I then chose a final position to commit the other two rivet holes (represented by the black line). This black line is exactly parallel to the pre-punched holes in the F-766A channel. 

I drilled the bottom most hole to 1/8" on the drill press. Clecoed it to F-766A and then drilled the remaining two upper holes.



The other task that needs to be done is to drill the electric flap actuator for the required safety wire. Following the plans and instructions I used a 1/16" bit and drilled the hole. 


 The flap assembly is ready to go together and I began fitting the F-760 covers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment