Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Worked on the F-757-S gussets - 2.5 hours

Wanting to take a break from the Aft are of the fuse. I decided to work on the F-757-S gussets. The instructions have you work on this area before you start work on the top skins so its as good as time as any.

I started rounding the outer edge of the gusset to help fit the inside radius of the longeron. This then allows the 4-#30 holes to align and cleco. 

 
I then drilled the #40 holes already in the longerons into the gusset. Next I drew center lines from those holes and extended them back to the aft part of the gusset. I also drew a red minimum edge distance line to help me ensure that I drill things correctly.

I marked out the required dimensions for the F-757-T detail on the longerons and then compared those lines with those made on the gusset and confirmed that I wouldn't have edge distance issues.



No comments:

Post a Comment