Sunday, January 10, 2021

Finished riveting the fuse and Flipped the Canoe! - 6 hours

 A big day in the garage but hit a major milestone. I started this morning working on the seat back brace, but after lunch I decided to push through the riveting of the fuselage. All that I needed to do was to finish all of the rivets around the F-706 bulkhead. I was really concerned about this area for the bends/curves at the bottom of the fuse. They weren't the easiest, but they went surprisingly well. Managed to get all rivets set extremely well. My head/arms/ body all were contorted in every position to get to these rivets but I did it.

(A huge thank-you to my buddy Mike who was able to help me rivet via Zoom meeting as we are in a pandemic and lock down....without his 'advice' I couldn't have done any of this).


 And now to the milestone!!! I was able to flip the canoe!! Ahh feels so good to reach this point. 




Just in case you were wondering how much time of spent on the project. Total build Hobbs - 2203.5 hours. 

I count my time as "Garage Time" not "Tool Time". So basically from the time I walk into the garage until I leave the garage. This includes setup and cleanup. I typically put all tools away and sweep up after I am done. only on huge jobs do I leave everything out for the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment