Friday, August 7, 2020

Started to install the F-7101 gear webs - 6 hours

I started the build session with making the new spacers our of 0.032" material. Easy to do as I have perfect templates with thicker material.


I then used AD426 rivets and scotch tape to hold/alight the spacers on the gear web so I could cleco in the F-902 bulkheads.

With everything set, I was ready to drill.


Spacers looked great!

The right side of the aircraft came out really good, but for some reason left side wasn't sitting correctly when I drilled. I noticed something was off when I tried to disassemble. Yup, sure enough, the alignment is all sort of off.  I believe I didn't have the keeper cleco in the left side gear web correctly and as a result I misdrilled the F-902 bulkhead. Darn...I gotta order that new part.

I decided that it's best I just prep the gear webs for final drilling to ensure a great fit. I spent some time really trying to get a good radius on the 0.063 material so it will nest well with the F-717 longerons.

Then I drilled the top line of the gear attach webs. It least this turned out well.




No comments:

Post a Comment