Wednesday, May 1, 2019

More riveting the aft fuse (bottom skin) - 2.5 hours

I putzed at riveting the Aft fuse tonight. Admittedly I am not enjoying this very much. I riveting by myself and its not very easy. I'm staring by riveting the bottom skin and then will work my way up, alternating sides as I go. The difficulty is trying to hold the gun in one hand and the bar in the other at such an awkward  position. After a bit of head scratching, I finally figured out to put the back rivet set on the gun, and use my 3"x 1" tungsten bucking bar as a backing bar. I have to admit the results are extremely good. It still feels odd and sometimes its tough to get the bar nice and tight when your arms start getting further away from your body. But at lease the adjacent cleco gives your fingers/bar something to reference to ensure proper placement.

No comments:

Post a Comment