Monday, April 8, 2019

Further fitting of the F-712 and F-711 bulkheads - 8 hours

Very long and annoying day in the garage these last few days. I've been spending a few hours an evening messing with the fitment of the F-712 and F-711 bulkheads to the F-779 skin. Lots and Lots of fussing. Its quite a process to get things tweaked to finally be able to get them fully clecoed to the bottom tail skin. I won't sugar coat it, the process is extremely frustrating and I've lost a bit of sleep thinking about if I've done something wrong, or if I might be wrecking things. Once I was able to get the fit decent I then clecoed it to the aft fuselage and soon realized....I need to work the bulkhead tabs some more. ugh.




A good look of how I still need to tweek the fit so the bulkheads align better with the fuselage sides.


No comments:

Post a Comment