Saturday, December 8, 2018

Started working on the Firewall - 2.5 hours

I've been putting in some crazy hours at work these last few weeks. ~95 hour weeks for the last 5 weeks to hit the deadline on Friday. So now I actually have a little time to work on the RV. In one sense I'm eager to start in on the build....but after the amount of stress and pressure I was recently under. I'm not exactly keen on jumping into the next project full bore.

I basically putz'd around in the garage. I grabbed all the pieces needed for the fire wall and laid them out. Took me a while to find the AA6-063x3/4x3/4 angle needed to make the F-601E-1 stiffener. I then looked at Mike Bullocks build log and noticed he had the same issue too and when he mentions to use the 6' piece. Ahhh, there it was. In the corner of the spare bedroom away from all the other RV parts. Man my brain is in a fog.



Still sort of motivated...I decided to cut out the F-601J angles and the F-601P spacers. Here's a funny thing. I'm not into the fuse an hour and I've already made a mistake. I tried cutting the F-601P spaces out of the small strip of AS3-063x1/2x18 not realizing that the width is not right. Ugh. Not a big deal as the part is really cheap and shipping will be easy. But I sure don't have my head in the game.


After I cut the parts, I went in to start researching everything I need to know about the bulkhead and penetrations to the bulkhead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment