Sunday, May 29, 2016

Left Rib #4 - 3.5 hours

Not much to report. Riveted in the left rib #4. Same process as before, but things just clicked. The entire assembly went to together really well. Pictures are just after riveting just before cleanup.


At this point, I found it extremely difficult to clean up the flanges on the ribs of proseal. Since I have not yet encapsulated the rivet heads I decided to slather proseal on the top of flanges. I had never liked the look of it on other builds but in the end, I decided it was better to go slightly heavy rather than try to get cute with the proseal. I'm awfully terrified of having a leak and this is one way that I will sleep better at night about it. Proseal cleanliness and quality is really tough to do in tight spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment