Friday, April 22, 2016

To proseal or not to proseal

So the big question of the day is how much of the NAS1473-A08 nutplates and stiffner ring assembly should I proseal. The plans state that I don't have to proseal any of it. (Under 'Assembling the Fuel Tanks' 4th paragraph undet the heading 'Final preparations'). I notice though that many build logs use proseal and do everything.

The manual states that the gasket under the access plate will seal the rivets so there is no need to set them with sealant.

This makes me a bit uneasy. My tooling holes are awefully close to the edge of my stiffener ring/access cover. I plan to use seal-tite in lieu of the cork gasket...but I do want to run some proseal  between the rib and ring to make sure that the tooling hole is covered.

Question is....Do i need to proseal anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment