Thursday, April 21, 2016

Little bit of riveting on the tank mods - 2.5 hours

I cleaned the #2 ribs and the hole blanks really well with MEK. I was careful to ensure correct orientations of the blanks (always a pain when you just wanna get it done). I decided to dimple the parts and backrivet.

Then next I needed to countersink Rib #1 for the access plate nut plates. I decided to go oops rivets for those and not dimple.

I'm fairly certain that I don't need to proseal these when attaching the nutplates. The plans say don't do it. I am using the NAS1473-A08 nutplates...Seems like everyone seals them with proseal.....but I'm thinking I don't have to. Nobody seals the standard nutplate method. The seal around the access plate takes care of any potential leaks. Hmmm. Need to read up on this.

I machined countersunk the anti-hangup bracket and backriveted the assembly with AN426AD3 rivets. I will wait until I get into proseal before I rivet it to the access plate.

All that's left to do is fit up the inner anti-holdup bracket, the fuel vent line and locate the fuel sender on the baffle plate. Then I am ready to dive into proseal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment