Tuesday, November 11, 2014

EAA Meeting #2

I ended up taking my VS rear spar to the meeting to have some of the other members look over my work. All in all its as it was expected. Some rivets look good, a few need to be redone (The ones closest to the bottom brackets). One member has suggested bucking the rivets rather than sqeezing or using the back rivet set. He said that bucking them would allow me to get a whole lot closer. He was very encouraging and mentioned that it takes a while to develop the skills. He said that often folks will end up redoing their entire empennage at the very end of the project because their skills have improved so much by the time they get through the wings. I suppose I just have to chug away at it. if it works...great. If not, Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment