Wednesday, October 8, 2014

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again

Well... I've mulled the issue of the horizontal stabilizer front spar over in my head all day. Even though I have confirmation all is ok from Van's. I just feel that I can still do better. That's really the point of this build...An education project. I'm not learning if I have the attitude of "good enough".
So I decided to re-order the front spar parts and try again. I will keep the original as reference...but I hope that I can at least make this one perfect.

I will use a bit of a jig and draw out all the layout lines. I will be sure to use the drill press where possible. The whole goal is to get it perfectly straight, and get all the holes flawless. At least I can then say that I tried my best...

The new parts come tomorrow. In a couple of days, I should be back to where I should be in my build.

No comments:

Post a Comment